Friday, October 14, 2011

Running

Since I was 9, I've run with my dad. I started to practice with the grade school track team a grade early, in fourth grade. At that point, I had so much experience running compared to my teammates, I was put into the fifth and sixth grade races. Since then, I've realized my running abilities. Starting high school, I decided to try cross country. I figured it would be a nice way to meet friends before the school year started, and who knows, maybe I would be okay at it! I was put onto the varsity team, and I have run varsity since in both cross country and track. Only recently have I truly taken these sports seriously because I've decided I may be good enough to run Division 2 in college. I love the feeling of my shoes on the dirt trails, and of the long talks I have with my friends, and of the cleansed feeling I get one finishing. There is truly nothing like running, and even though the workouts can be a pain sometimes, it's all well worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment